Sunday, November 23, 2014

Somalia (2000b)

Date of issue: December 12th, 2000
Name of issue: Carnivorous plants

Number of arachnid related stamps in issue: 0/4

I had a colleague who had told me that there was a spider in this series. I was never able to find it, the main problem is that I had no scan of the souvenir sheet.

Indeed, there is a spider in the lower pitcher plant on the souvenir sheet itself (not on the stamp). It is quite abstract, but I based my analysis on the fact that the ants on the art work have their three body segment and that arthropod in the pitcher plant clearly has two. Several limbs are missing, but arguably, it is possible that the plant started digesting it!

Michel #: B73
order: Araneae
































Crop from souvenir sheet:
















Other stamps of this series:
























No comments:

Post a Comment