Saturday, October 31, 2020

Dadahomeya* (2011)

Date of issue: 2011
Number of arachnid related stamps in issue: 12/12


This is a very exciting entry for me. Some time ago, while I was doing some "Google" spider stamp  research (yes, I think it is obvious by now, I am a dork), I found this lovely series of stamps.

The stamps are designed by artist Carl T. Chew of Triangle Post.  They were designed for Russian artist Gik Juri and his country "Dadahomeya".

I immediately thought how much these would make an amazing addition to my stamp collection. I do not only collect legal postage stamps, but also cinderellas, 5th world, art stamps, etc.

I much more rejoice at having the gorgeous artwork of these stamps then a lot of awful legal postage stamps that clearly no efforts were put in their creation.

Anyhow, apparently the Triangle Spider is the national arachnid of Dadahomeya. I think all countries should designate a national arachnid!!

The design looks inspired from the Micrathena genus. The sheet has 20 stamps, but only 12 are unique, some are repeated on the sheet.

I would like to sincerely thank Mr. Chew for sending me these amazing stamps. I even received a signed sheet with my name on it... like a kid on Christmas day!!!! The stamps were also sent in a gorgeous envelope and some spider stamps were used on it, with a special spider cancellation. This truly is among my favourite items in my collection!

Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?
 























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?























Michel #: none
order: Araneae
family: Araneidae ?
























Full sheet:







































Envelope:




No comments:

Post a Comment