Sunday, August 30, 2020

Dominican Republic (2013)

Date of issue: 2013
Number of arachnid related stamps in issue: 4/4

I always get excited when I find a new arachnid series, but this one just made my year! The stamps themselves are horrible, but it is extremely rare that any of the arachnid micro-orders get any recognition.

This is the first uropygi stamp ever issued and the second amblypygi stamp that is legal (the first one is from Guinea).

Michel #: ?
order: Amblypygi
family: Phrynidae
Phrynus longipes (Pocock 1894)


















Michel #: ?
order: Uropygi
family: Thelyphonidae
Mastigoproctus proscorpio Latreille, 1806


















Michel #: ?
order: Scorpiones
family: Buthidae
Rhopalurus princeps (Karsch, 1879)



















Michel #: ?
order: Araneae
family: Theraphosidae
Phormictopus cancerides (Latreille, 1806)





















Full sheet:





1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice blog, I am the photographer who took the pictures of these arachnids and I think the same, the stamps are horrible because they photoshop my pictures removing the background, it's a mess !!! Anyway if you want to see the originals visit my blog about the spiders of Dominican Republic.

    http://dominicanspiders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete